SECONDARY PRINCIPAL - JOB DESCRIPTION
CEO/Board of Directors, Grace International School.
Purpose: To provide effective overall management and leadership of Grace Secondary School (GSS) in collaboration with the Grace Primary School (GPS) Principal and the CEO of DexServe and within the policies approved by the Board.
To provide leadership which promotes the school’s core values: Faith, Collaboration, Excellence and Service.
To manage the education faculty in providing quality education within the structure and emphasis of the curriculum, promoting the principles of excellence in the provision of Christian education within a multicultural environment.
- A passion for serving God through Education
- Fully endorse our Statement of Faith
- 5+ years experience as a teacher and/or leader within an educational setting
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (postgraduate degree preferred)
- Valid teaching certification/licence (PGCSE or equivalent teaching qualification)
- Understanding of the English National Curriculum
A flexible approach is required considering the needs of the School.
- Education: Work collaboratively with, and facilitate regular communication with the campus leadership teams (Campus Managers and Coordinators as well as the GPS Principal) seeking to:
- promote the objectives, values and purpose of GSS
- facilitate the development and implementation of an education which meets the objectives of the English National Curriculum and is consistent with the school’s Christian values, philosophy and objectives
- promote excellent staff relations to enhance and strengthen the learning process
- support the monitoring and evaluation of teaching and learning across the school and contribute to school self-evaluation and the development of improvement plans
- secure and sustain effective teaching through structured monitoring, evaluation and review
- provide opportunities for ongoing professional development of the education faculty
- develop and lead Staff Induction and Whole School Meetings
- identify and maintain essential networks with like-minded educational leaders, institutions, associations in Bangladesh and beyond to further the quality delivery of education at GSS according to its purpose
- Personnel Management:
- identify staffing needs and communicate those to the CEO, CCO, and HR
- in collaboration with the CCO and HR, facilitate the initial hiring process for education faculty, including interviews and verification of references for instructional staff with final approval by the CEO
- in collaboration with Campus Managers and Coordinators, support, supervise and manage the individual professional appraisal of the education faculty
- promote unity and a sense of “common purpose” for the teaching staff of GSS
- keep the CEO informed of relevant teaching staff issues and participate in all aspects of personnel management as required
- ensure that all aspects of personnel management are undertaken within the approved Grace International School GIS personnel policy
- School Management:
- collaborate with the CFO, GPS Principal, Campus Coordinators and Campus Managers to prepare an annual budget for the school
- approve payments
- External/Public Relations:
- promote positive dialogue and communication with the wider GIS community via weekly Principal Newsletters and other forms of communication in collaboration with the Communications Team
- foster effective home-school communications by providing parents and the teaching staff with opportunities to discuss individual student needs, performance and general concerns via Parent-Teacher Meetings and Reporting Student Progress
- actively encourage community involvement in school activities/events
- attend as many meetings across the three campuses as possible, building positive working relationships within the GIS community
- collaborate with Campus Managers and Coordinators and education faculty to provide consistent but caring discipline for all students in ways which enhance individual student performance and personal commitment to the learning process
- in collaboration with the Admissions Officer, maintain a clear and open enrolment policy
- in collaboration with Campus Managers and Coordinators, coordinate and lead additional “out of hours” activities, including parent/Principal events, presentations to the school community etc.
- other responsibilities as deemed reasonable and appropriate by the CEO
- set a good standard of professional interactions and ensure professional relationship boundaries are in place
- uphold professional integrity at all times, e.g. discretion, confidentiality, loyalty and trust
- share ownership of the developing vision for the school